Aim of the department of Periodontology & Implantology,SDCH,Shimoga is to train Graduate & Post graduate Students to be able to achieve successful career in Clinical practice; research& dental education by providing Contemporary knowledge & Clinical Proficiency in Periodontology.
Course description /Program description
Department has formal recognition for training of UG/PG students & Combines Academic study; Clinical skills training & research & offers exceptional ,innovative teaching with a wealth of academic expertise. Students are trained on the Scientific basis to recognize & treat periodontal diseases for patients at all stages of severity involving multidisciplinary approaches & integrated periodontal treatment / care.
Facilities provided include –
- Scaling &Root planning ,
- Splinting procedures,
- Host modulation therapy & Local drug delivery procedures including placement of Periochip.
- Flap surgeries,
- Minimally invasive – surgical/non-surgical procedures,
- Regenerative surgeries (Osseous and soft tissues)
- Root form Implant placement,
- Root coverage procedures,
- Ridge augmentation procedures,
- Advanced Surgical procedures for implant placement – Sinus lifting procedure, Ridge Expansion Etc.
Specific Emphasis is placed on various high-level techniques & procedures which involve – High end & advanced equipment’s including–
LASERS – which are required in Esthetic – prosthetic Mucogingival surgeries, preparatory bone augmentation procedures, gingival depigmentation, Photo dynamic therapy, Photo bio modulation therapy, Endo- Perio/Perio surgeries involving minimal blood loss, minimal pain & accelerated wound healing .