Spread over 5.5 acres of verdant landscape owned wholly by the Sharavathi Education Trust, the Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital is situated on an independent campus with the infrastructure befitting a modern, well-established academic cum medical institution. The College is spread across three functional blocks that house the administration department, laboratories, classrooms, a library, hospital, and a separate block for anatomical studies and practicals.
The College boasts prolific academic results at university level with pass percentage of 80% and above. In 2004, the pass rate reached a phenomenal high of 92%- reflective of the excellent facilities provided for our students:
- Highly respectable, qualified faculty members, who guide students through the course both academically as well as serving as memorable mentors
- Contemporary, well-equipped laboratories
- High-tech clinical labs
- High-tech four peripheral satellite centres at Mattur Kumsi Bhadravathi & Tammadihalli are present
- An exhaustive library with all the necessary books & journals which are regularly updated
- Hostel facilities for male and female students within the campus are provided with all necessary facilities
- Transportation facilities are available for students to and from the college campus and the Shimoga city at regular intervals
- Sports facilities & Cultural Programmes- Spacious college grounds for cricket and outdoor games are available within the college campus. Cultural programmes, Freshers’ Eve, induction and orientation, socials, performances and competitions are organised providing opportunities to explore their creative talents and social skills.
It has a well equipped with a fully functional outpatient hospital where patients are administered treatment at subsidised costs. The Hospital comes fully furnished with all the necessary modern dental equipment for diagnoses and treatments. Students are often given the opportunity to work side by side with their faculty members. This allows them greater exposure to clinical procedures by practising their skills at the hospital as well conducting free dental camps for people in rural areas.
The Sharavathi Dental College is proud to be affiliated the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Bangalore as well the Indian Dental Association (IDA). Under the latter, all students are provided opportunity to take part in IDA activities where they can enhance their knowledge, talent, and skill sets at conferences and (CDE) programs and journals.
|Chairperson:||Shri. S.Madhu Bangarappa|
|Trustee:||1. Shri. Bheemanna.T.Naik
2. Shri. Chandrashekarappa
|Name of the College:||Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital.|
|Address:||T.H.Road, Alkola, Shimoga-577205.|
|Phone No:||08182- 298181|
|BDS Intake Seats:||100 Approved|
|MDS Intake Seats:||14 Seat Approved with 5 speciality|
|Principal Name:||Dr.Giridhar Kamath.P|
|University Name:||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka,|
|Address:||4th “T” Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore-41.|
|Attached Medical College Name:||Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences.|
|Address:||Sagar Road, Shimoga-577201.|